Tigard Police Cadet Program
• Have you ever wondered what a career in law enforcement would be like?
• Are you between the ages of 16-20?
• Are you willing to dedicate time and energy to assist the Tigard community?
If you answered yes to all the above questions — you may be just the right fit to be a Tigard Police Cadet.
Cadets participate in police ride-alongs, routine patrols, crime prevention activity, community outreach events and on-going monthly training. Cadets get first-hand knowledge regarding how law enforcement serves its community. It's not all work. Cadets also get the opportunity to participate in the annual Law Enforcement Challenge, competing in various events with other Cadets and Explorers from around the state.
- Candidates must be between 16 and 20 years-of-age
- Candidates must carry a 2.5 GPA (if in high school)
- Candidates must not have any prior felony or serious misdemeanor convictions
- Candidates must be of good moral character
- Candidates must be physically capable of performing assigned tasks
- Candidates should demonstrate an ongoing interest in law enforcement
If the Tigard Police Cadet Program
appears to closely match your interests, please apply this fall. To be considered, you must complete and submit an employment application, which can be downloaded here
. Be sure to note at the top of the application that you are applying for the position of Police Cadet. Submit your completed application to the Tigard Police Department Records staff
(13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, OR 97223).
The selection process will begin in mid-November. This will involve an oral interview, police background check and final interview with the Cadet Advisory Board. If you have any questions, contact Officer Nicholas Nunn or Officer Brian Imus.
Peer Court has been suspended due to budget reductions.