Oregon Revised Statute 809.720 allows police officers to tow a vehicle for committing the following specified offenses:
- ORS 806.010 - Driving Uninsured
- ORS 807.010 - Operating Vehicle Without Driving Privileges
- ORS 811.175 - Violation Driving While Suspended or Revoked
- ORS 811.182 - Criminal Driving While Suspended or Revoked
- ORS 813.010 - Driving Under Influence of Intoxicants
- ORS 809.710 - Authority to Refuse to Release Vehicle to Intoxicated Person
Go to the Tigard Police Records Unit located at Tigard City Hall, 13125 SW Hall Blvd, Tigard OR. The Records Unit can assist you every day between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
You must provide the following:
- Positive picture identification such as an Oregon Drivers License
- Proof that a person with valid driving privileges will be operating the vehicle
- Proof of insurance with the effective dates and listing of the specific vehicle
- Proof of right to possession (vehicle registration)
- Payment of $100.00 to cover administrative fees. Visa, Mastercard, Discover or Cash accepted. No checks.
- Signed-off Title
- A bill of sale that has been notarized; or
- A bill of sale from an auto sales business on letterhead
- DMV Title Transfer receipt
If you have any questions, please contact the Tigard Police Records Unit at 503-639-6168 during their operating hours. Tigard Police Records Unit is open every day from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.