- Season of Giving: Leaf Disposal and Food Drive @ Cook Park
Tigard is continuing a community tradition that will make a huge impact for local families, especially as we continue to navigate a tough year together. The 18th annual free Leaf Disposal and Food Drive will be held two Saturdays in November and December at Cook Park (at the end of 92nd Ave. just off Durham Road near Tigard High school). We have partnered with Tigard’s St. Vincent DePaul to distribute non-perishable food donations to local families. Food donations are not required to participate in the leaf disposal program. Extra precautions will be in place to ensure the safety of the community. For more information visit our online page.
- Summer of Slurry Seal: Keeping people, pets, and golf carts safe
Our Pavement Management Program did roughly 14.2 miles of slurry seal over the summer. This year the focus was on the neighborhoods near Summerfield. Crews were careful about making sure the newly laid slurry was not disturbed by laying out plastic to protect it from foot traffic and golf carts. People, pets and golf carts were able to cross through safely without a mess. The Summerfield community golf course was able to remain open during construction. This year, additional crack sealing was completed last week. This will allow for easier scheduling of the slurry seal project next year.
Note from Public Works:
The Public Works Department remains committed to providing essential services during COVID-19 outbreak. Although the building is closed to public, our staff are busy around the clock ensuring essential services are provided in Tigard.
To submit a Public Works Service Request:
- Online: www.tigard-or.gov/pw_request
- By Phone
- During Work Hours (Mon–Thurs: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.): 503-718-2591
- After-hours: 503-639-1554
- Our free Pay-by-Phone line and online payments options are available 24 hours a day. Please call 1-888-826-7211 or visit: tigard.merchanttransact.com to make a payment with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit card.