|Public Works at a Glance|
Here is a summary of the work happening in Public Works. Please feel free to contact Marissa Grass, community engagement coordinator, with any questions.
The Public Works Department remains committed to providing essential services during COVID-19 outbreak. Although the building is closed to public, our staff are busy around the clock ensuring essential services are provided in Tigard.
We need your help
- Please observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from city staff at all times. When our crews are safe, everyone wins!
- Please do not flush anything besides toilet paper. Even if you run low on toilet paper, avoid flushing wipes (even those marketed as "flushable"), paper towels or other products. They can clog pipes and cause a real pain in the drain.
- Your water is safe to drink. The COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking-water supplies. Lake Oswego and Tigard invested in an advanced state-of-the-art water treatment plant that uses chlorination and ozone as a combined disinfectant. Ozone is a strong oxidizer that is highly effective against bacteria and viruses, especially in combination with chlorine. Learn more about drinking water and COVID-19.
- Parks remain open. Observe CDC’s recommended social distancing of 6’ from other persons at all times. Use of outdoor equipment is at your own risk.
- In support of our business community, permits and inspections are being completed. Please visit www.tigard-or.gov/permits for more information.
To submit a Public Works Service Request:
- Online: www.tigard-or.gov/pw_request
- By Phone
- During Work Hours (Mon–Thurs: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.): 503-718-2591
- After-hours: 503-639-1554
- Will You Get the Call?
Register Today for CodeRED to be Notified of Emergencies
The City of Tigard uses CodeRED for messages concerning the safety, property or welfare of our community. Messages may include AMBER alerts, notifications of hazardous traffic or road conditions, boil water advisories or evacuation notices. Register online or by phone. Call Mike Lueck, Tigard Emergency Services Coordinator, at 503-718-2593. You can also download the mobile app.