Update on Municipal Court Office Hours
Updated: March 9, 2021
Service provided by phone, email and virtually. In person options are not currently available.
While our buildings are closed, we remain committed to providing the same level of service during COVID-19. Tigard Municipal Court staff are available via 503-718-2478 and via email email@example.com from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from Monday-Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In-Person Hearings Temporarily Cancelled
Contact Municipal Court to Discuss Options
Tigard Municipal Court will not be holding in-person hearings in the unforeseeable future. If you received a traffic ticket and your court date was scheduled any time between March 2020 through March 2021, or previously cancelled due to COVID-19, it is important that you contact the court as soon as possible to discuss your options. Failure to contact the court will result in a conviction on your driving record.
Telephone hearings are currently being held while the court counters and city offices are closed. To schedule a phone arraignment or to discuss your options, contact the court office by phone at 503-718-2478 or email to discuss your citation Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. or Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Tigard Municipal Court is currently holding traffic trials virtually. If you have entered a not guilty plea and are interested in having a virtual trial, please contact the court to discuss those options. Trials are customarily held the first and third Tuesdays of the month beginning at 9:00 a.m. and possibly running through 2:00 p.m. To view the live trials, click here. If there is nothing on the screen, we are either recessing or there are no trials scheduled for that time period.
The Tigard Municipal Court has adopted measures to protect the health of its staff and the general public, while minimizing the disruptions and delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The court continues to provide all services to the public, however modified in format.
- Traffic and parking tickets will be handled in one of the ways described in detail on each citation. If you send a letter to the judge or pay online, it will not be necessary to appear in court.
- The courtroom and court counters will be closed until further notice. However, court clerks are available by email or telephone from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm., Monday through Thursday and Friday 9 a.m to 4 p.m. to discuss all options available to resolve your ticket.
- Telephone arraignments are being offered in lieu of in-person arraignments. All in-person hearings (listed on your citation) are being cancelled for the unforseeable future.
- Those pleading “not guilty” will receive a trial setting notice by regular mail and email if an email address has been provided. There will be delays in the scheduling of trials. The court is currently scheduling virtual traffic trials as an option. You may receive an “invitation” for a virtual trial via Microsoft Teams at the email address you’ve provided. Please watch for and respond to that invitation if possible.
- Under Oregon law, a person who pleads “not guilty” also has the option of submitting a sworn affidavit, using a form provided by the court, as an alternative to appearing in person for trial. The form for a trial by affidavit will be provided on request.
- In a time of economic hardship and uncertainty, judges recognize the need for flexibility and fairness in the imposition of fines. All Oregon courts allow payment agreements. Upon request, and by Oregon statute, judges may take into account any hardships that are brought to their attention.
- If you wish to review your options, you may call the court at 503-718-2478 or send email to Court1@tigard-or.gov