The City Council concluded a nationwide city manager recruitment by selecting Stephen (Steve) Rymer as Tigard’s next city manager. His first day is scheduled for February 1, 2021.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-718-2486
Assistant City Manager
email@example.com | 503-718-2412
Executive Assistant to the City Manager and Mayor
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-718-2476
Senior Management Analyst
email@example.com | 503-718-2416
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-718-2742
The City Manager’s office is staffed by the City Manager, Assistant City Manager, Senior Management Analyst, and Executive Assistant to the City Manager and Mayor. The office manages the city's business and implements the City Council's plans and orders.
The city manager is appointed by the mayor with the consent of the City Council. The Tigard Municipal Code establishes the following duties for the city manager:
- Exercise control and supervision of all activities, departments and offices, except the office of municipal judge and the office of city attorney.
- Serve the chief budget and fiscal officer of the city and shall perform the functions of budget officer as prescribed by the Local Budget Law of Oregon.
- Prepare and submit to the mayor and council financial and activity reports.
- Coordinate the work of all City departments and employees.
- Making recommendations to the Council on legislation, financial programs, capital improvements, policies, services, and other matters as requested.
- Serve as the chief purchasing and business agent.
- Make available to the public usual and customary information concerning the operations of the city government.