In 2012, the City of Tigard began a journey to define its sense of place and the strategic direction it wanted to take over the next 20 years. Our ideas came together around a strong vision to become the most walkable community in the Pacific Northwest where people of all ages and abilities enjoy healthy and interconnected lives.
Strategic Plan Updates
- Tree for All Volunteer Activity – Come on out and join us for a regional tree planting event.
- SW Corridor – Check out Metro’s interactive map and share your preferences for the SW Corridor route.
- Pedestrian Improvements - The street crew has paved a new shoulder walkway along the north side of North Dakota Street to give people more space to walk along North Dakota between Gallo Avenue and 114th Place.
- Jobs, Jobs, Jobs – Tigard currently has 6 job openings.
- The pursuit of walkability - We've worked with a developer to add some new sidewalk along the west side of 115th Avenue between Fonner and Terrace Trails.
- Blood Drive – There are still spots available! Sign up to donate this Wednesday, 9 am -2:30 pm, at the Tigard Library.
- Leaves, leaves, and more leaves – Want to know when your street will be swept? Check out this awesome web map.
- Speaking of leaves… The next drop off event will be held Nov. 18th at Cook Park.
- Interested in public service? - Tigard is seeking volunteers for various boards and committees.
- Looking to start a small business? Tigard has the tools to help you succeed. Check out our 10 steps to starting a small business.