|Tigard Police Records Unit|
|Address:||13125 SW Hall Blvd Tigard, OR|
|Hours:||Open every day from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.|
How to Obtain a Tigard Police Report
Police reports can be obtained either in person at the Tigard Police Department or by mail. A "report request" form is required for each report desired and will become a permanent document filed with the case.
The cost for police documents/reports is $10.00 for the first 15 pages and $0.30/page thereafter. The fees charged are intended to recover the cost of locating, reviewing, copying and refiling reports.
Due to the complexity of rules involving public records laws, each request for a police report will be reviewed individually. Records requests are governed by the Oregon Criminal Code, The Attorney General's Public Records Manual or advice of legal counsel. Prior to release, all reports will be read thoroughly to determine the eligibility of release. At times, portions of a report may be withheld.
The Tigard Police Records Unit will NOT release the following:
- Cases under current investigation. ORS 192.501 (3)
- Cases pending prosecution. ORS 192.501 (3)
- Reports from other agencies. (Requesting parties must contact the outside agency for report release.)
- Juvenile Cases/ ORS 419.255 (2)
- Child Abuse or Child Sex Abuse cases ORS 419B.035
- Medical Records. ORS192.502 (2)
- Health information is defined as all information relating to the past, present or future physical or mental health or condition of an individual or to the provision of health care to an individual. Any reference to injury or illness would be health information.