Tigard Commons is an online home to various community-driven efforts to transform Tigard streets into safe, clean and shared spaces.
Yard Signs: 20 is Plenty and Look Out for Each Other
The City of Tigard’s Safe Routes to School Program is providing FREE yard signs to residents who want to encourage safe driving in their neighborhoods.
Pick one up for free at one of the following locations:
- Tigard City Hall & Tigard Permit Center (13125 SW Hall Blvd.; 503-718-2708)
- Signs should be placed on private property in your yard.
- Please don’t place the sign on someone else’s property without their permission.
- Make sure not to block driver visibility for pulling out of driveways, seeing pedestrians, etc.
- Make sure the signs do not block walkways, bikeways, or drainage ways.
- Do not place signs on traffic sign posts or utility poles.
- Please promptly remove any broken or vandalized signs; replacements are free!
- You may call ahead of time to make sure your pick-up location has the sign you want. Phone numbers are listed above.
Unfortunately, local recyclers do not accept corrugated plastic yard signs. If you no longer want the sign in your yard, please let someone else use it, or return it to one of the pick-up locations.
Made possible with support from Metro and the Federal Transit Administration