We invite you to explore our job opportunities. The city offers both full-time and part-time career opportunities in a variety of fields. New postings are added as vacancies occur so check back regularly to see if any opportunities match your skills and interests.
Tigard Improves Job Recruitment, Saving Time and Resources
In 2012, Tigard joined hundreds of state and local government organizations nationwide in contracting with Neogov, an online tool that helps organizations recruit new employees. Neogov allows applicants to build one profile to use when applying for jobs with any partner members, including most cities and counties in the metro area and the State of Oregon.
This one-stop-shop lets applicants develop a strong online application and use it to apply for all sorts of jobs in government.
For the city, this means far less time processing paper applications, saving time for human resources staff and hiring managers alike. Over the past few years, the staff time needed to recruit and select potential employees has fallen by 20 percent, despite a large jump in recruitment activity.
In addition to making hiring more efficient, an online application portal lets the city gather valuable data. The information helps the city measure advertising effectiveness, recruitment timelines and diversity objectives.
Through the portal, the city communicates directly with applicants via email. Applicants choose interview times that work for them and track the progress of their applications online.
Getting one’s application through the human resources screening process can prove challenging anywhere, especially for openings attracting a large pool of qualified candidates. To help all future applicants, the city has developed tips that help applications rise to the top.
We hope you will consider a career with the City of Tigard. To learn more about Tigard as an employer and job openings, please visit our careers page at www.tigard-or.gov/jobs.
Why work for Tigard?
Tigard is an Equal Opportunity Employer, located just southwest of Portland. With roughly 330 full-time, part-time, and temporary staff, Tigard is a right-sized city which allows us the opportunity not only to genuinely know our diverse workforce, but also to work on cross departmental projects beyond the strict structure of individual positions. As an organization, we value input (from our community and our staff) and strive to create opportunities for growth that also help further our community vision. Here are just a few reasons to consider Tigard as your next employer:
- All employees participate in the city’s strategic plan of becoming a walkable city where residents live healthy and interconnected lives by working on projects including performing bike patrols, planning recreational activities, organizing Tigard Walks, filling sidewalk gaps, planning walkable communities, and many other initiatives.
- Many of Tigard’s employees work alternative work schedules including 4-10s, 9/80, or other flexible schedules.
- Easy access to parks and trails, including the nearly 12-mile Fanno Creek Greenway Trail and onsite bike lockers.
- Employees see the results of their work because local problems have local solutions, and Tigard employees are part of those solutions.
- Employer-sponsored transit passes for regular status employees with close proximity to TriMet’s Tigard Transit Center (bus and WES train), I-5, and Highway 217.
- Great health plans, retirement plans, paid leave, and competitive wages.
- Opportunities to participate in a variety of activities including the Bike More Challenge, Adopt-A-Highway, school supply drives, and holiday giving drives.
- Employees connect with peers to engage in a variety of cross-departmental projects and social activities creating a family-like work environment.
- Access to commuter incentives and wellness programs.
- City offices are walking distance to Downtown Tigard’s restaurants and shops.
- The City's core values include Respect and Care, Do the Right Thing, and Get It Done. Tigard employees live these values in all aspects of the workplace and providing city services.
Apply today to join the team.
Attention All Applicants
Applicants who do not complete the employment application process (including any required supplemental questions or attachments) in its entirety may be disqualified from the process. It is important to carefully review the minimum qualifications on the job announcement and include all relevant education and experience on your application when applying for a position.
Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) on the closing date listed on the job announcement. Applications received after the deadline will be disqualified. Once your application is submitted, you may log back into your NEOGOV user account and check the status of your application. When an application is submitted correctly, your status should read “Application Received.”
If this is your first time applying using our online job application, select the job you want and click "Apply" to create an account, select a username and password. After your account is established build your application by entering your information in the system. Your application will be saved and can be used to apply for other job openings at any time.
We prefer you apply online, but if unable to do so, you may download a paper application to apply for a job. Please submit your completed application form by mail or fax only (do not e-mail).
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation through Human Resources at 503-718-2813 during any step of the process to assist them in demonstrating their qualifications to perform the duties of the position for which they are applying.